Friday, December 13, 2013

Royal Jordanian Airlines - Golden anniversary? They kept passengers trapped without food and information for over 7 hours.

Yesterday (December 12) Royal Jordanian Airlines brought disgrace to their country. Jordan's national air-line behaved in exact contrast to usual Jordanian courtesy and hospitality. Royal Jordanian kept us sitting on a plane for seven hours on the ground at Amman, Queen Alia Airport without food or information. The Airbus was packed with British and Middle East passengers of all ages including children. The flight from Amman to London should have taken just over 5 hours. We boarded the Airbus soon after 11.30am. Seven hours later we were still sitting waiting for take-off. After some hours, in desperation a female passenger fetched water and plastic glasses from the galley and walked down the aisle serving the passengers with water herself. The cabin crew served passengers no food – not even a packet of nuts. Throughout much of the 7 hours the Captain kept the seat-belt lights switched on. This resulted in angry clashes between cabin attendants passengers who needed to go to the lavatory – especially elderly people. During the first seven hours of our twelve hour ordeal we were left uninformed about what was happening. The Captain only bothered to make two announcements in the first seven hours. After two and a half hours at around 2.30pm the Captain announced our flight had jumped up the queue of planes waiting to take off and we would be departing in five minutes. Not true. Four hours later we were still sitting there. We heard no more information from the Captain for a further two and a half hours, by which time we had been sitting five hours on the plane. He finally admitted there was a technical problem with the plane and told us we would be transferred to another aircraft. He said we would be transferred in twenty minutes time. Around 45 minutes later we were taken by bus to another aircraft. Where we waited at least another hour. I am a frequent air traveller – I have travelled to 91 countries. I can appreciate that poor weather conditions such as yesterday’s snow can cause delays. I also understand that occasionally planes have mechanical problems which need to be fixed. But nothing excuses keeping a passengers on a crowded Airbus on the tarmac for seven hours without food or information. As part of their Golden Anniversary events Royal Jordanian Airlines need to train their pilots and cabin attendants in passenger care and communication skills.

2 comments:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.