Interested in running for the European Parliament Elections in May 2014?
Join the EWL’s European Political Mentoring Network for women of foreign origin or ethnic minority background!
Starting February 2013 until the European Elections in May 2014, the European Women’s Lobby will coordinate a Political Mentoring Network connecting 8 to 12 women Members of the European Parliament from different political parties and countries with 8 to 12 women of foreign origin or ethnic minority background who are interested in running for the European Parliament Elections in May 2014.
What can you get out of being a mentee in this Network? The aim is to provide you with a practical insight into European affairs, to help you to meet new people and to expand your political network, and to give you the tools to compete and to get a good position on the list of your political party for the next European Elections.
Who are the mentors? Mentors are current women MEPs willing to share their advice and experience with you from different political parties and countries.
How will it work in practice?
· You will meet your mentor at least three times in person in Brussels, Strasbourg and/or in their home country between February 2013 and May 2014. Contacts will be maintained in the meantime via e-mail, telephone or Skype, based on an agreed frequency of interaction. Apart of your relationship with your mentor, you will have the opportunity to attend capacity-building sessions for communications skills, EU procedures and responding to populist and racist attacks.
· You will also have the opportunity to learn from the experience of other members of the European Parliament. Your travel, accommodation and subsistence costs will be covered by the EWL during your stays in Brussels, Strasbourg and/or the home country of the MEP (based on an agreement). Nevertheless, neither the mentees, nor the mentors are paid for their participation in the Network. This is a voluntary commitment that needs your full engagement but will for sure bring you far more than money!
What are the conditions to join the Network as a mentee? Mentees in EWL’s European Political Mentoring Network are:
- Women with migrant background or from an ethnic minority living in the European Union;
- Already involved in politics at local, regional and/or national level;
- Eligible and interested in running for the next European Elections in June 2014;
- Committed to women’s rights.
Please note that we will also consider applications of women interested in being part of a campaign team and/or are unsure about running themselves for the upcoming European Elections. Your mentor will be there to support you in your decision to run or not based on what you have learned through your partnership.
How can I join? If you fulfill the conditions , you can create your personal profile till the 11th of February 2013 on our database here. You will be asked to attach your CV as well as a completed application form. If you are shortlisted, we will contact you for a personal interview to learn more about your motivation and expectations. Then, we will start the process of matching your profile with those of participating MEPs to find your “mentor soulmate”.
Your travel, accommodation and subsistence costs will be covered by the EWL during your stays in Brussels, Strasbourg and/or the home country of the MEP (based on an agreement). Nevertheless, neither the mentees, nor the mentors are paid for their participation in the Network. This is a voluntary commitment that needs your full engagement but will for sure bring you far more than money!
Download the flyer and learn more about the EWL’s Political Mentoring Network here.
If you’re experiencing problem registering in the data-base, please send us your filled application form and CV to: email@example.com
Deadline to present your application: 11 February 2013!
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amandine Bach (Ms.)
Policy Officer and Project Coordinator / Chargée de politiques et coordinatrice de projets
European Women's Lobby / Lobby européen des femmes
T: (+32) 02/217 90 20 · F: (+32) 02/219 84 51 · E: email@example.com·
A: 18, rue Hydraulique, B-1210 Brussels/Bruxelles, Belgium/Belgique ·